My first solo trip to Paris | Day 2

by Jan 22, 2018

♥ Day 2 in Paris

In my first blogpost I told you about the trip to Paris by train. That day was very exciting but ended not very well. But this was my first full day I had to spend in Paris and I looked forward to it anyway.

You can read about my first day here

Sacred Heart

Because it was Christmas day I assumed that most of the stores would be closed so I decided to go cultural. First I went to the Sacred Heart. It was nearby my hotel so I drove myself. After 15 minutes I arrived at the Sacred Heart. It was so beautiful and huge. At the side of the stairs there was an elevator. I bought tickets to get upstairs and got in to the elevator. When I got upstairs I was amazed by the view. It was so beautiful and the harper on the background made it perfect. I wanted to get inside the Sacred Heart but that wasn’t possible with a wheelchair, unfortunately. It was very cold up there. After about an hour I decided to go back to the hotel.

Sacre Coeur


When I got back to the hotel I decided to take the bus to the Notre Dame. I knew the metro wasn’t accessible but the bus was. I wanted to test that. I got to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come. The bus had a ramp so I could get in the bus.

Notre dame

After a few minutes I arrived at the Notre Dame. I saw there was a very long line. When a security guard saw me, he just let me through first so I didn’t had to wait. That was very nice of the French guards. Inside it was warm and beautiful. I burned two candles. After I warmed up a little I decided to get some coffee and a croissant somewhere. I found a very small restaurant and when I asked if there was a table for me they moved a few tables and chairs so I could get in. I ordered a croissant and a cappuccino.

Notre Dame

Croissant & Coffee

Notre Dame

Centre Pompidou

Afterwards, I just crossed over a bridge across the Seine and went to Centre Pompidou. Unfortunately, every shop was closed. Only the gift shops were open. Because it was so cold I bought some gloves. Around 5 o’clock I decided to go for dinner and took place in a restaurant. After dinner I got back to the hotel by bus.

Lasagna - Paris

This day was way better than the day before. In the next post I’ll write about my last two days in Paris.


~ Ashley Sharon


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *